1. Comparison is like poison to your soul. You will always be able to find someone else who is doing more, has more, etc. and dwelling on that produces negative thoughts and feelings that lead to defeat and inertia….creating more inaction that you don’t want….analysis paralysis!
2. Comparison is a stall tactic. As stated above, you become paralyzed by choosing to compare. Who in their right mind would CHOOSE to be paralyzed? Choose to embrace what you have been given as well as your life lessons, not as obstacles, but as a part of your journey.
3. In comparison, you are being ungrateful. When you compare yourself to someone else, you no longer appreciate what you have. Live in gratitude and use your strengths, talents and gifts to their fullest. You will achieve much more… much faster!
4. In comparison, you are being judgmental. If you are judgmental with yourself, you are more likely to be judgmental with others…..and who likes to be around a judgmental person!
5. Comparison is unfair. When you compare yourself to another, you compare your “worst self” to another’s best. AND, although a person may have, say, the nicest home, how do you know what the rest of their life and relationships are about? That is comparing apples to oranges.
Stop poisoning yourself and embrace YOUR life!
“Comparison is an act of violence against the self.” -Iyanla Vanzant
Much joy and peace,