Kim’s Recommended Reading List
- For Men Only: A Straightforward Guide to the Inner Lives of Women by Shaunti Feldhahn and Jeff Feldhahn
- For Women Only: What You Need to Know About the Inner Lives of Men
by Shaunti Feldhahn
- For Couples Only: Eyeopening Insights about How the Opposite Sex Thinks
by Shaunti Feldhahn and Jeff Feldhahn
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country’s Foremost Relationship Expert by John Gottman Ph.D. and Nan Silver
- The Relationship Cure: A 5 Step Guide to Strengthening Your Marriage, Family, and Friendships by John Gottman
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary D. Chapman
- Relationship Breakthrough by Cloe Madanes, with an introduction by Anthony Robbins
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown, Ph.D.
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brene Brown, Ph.D.
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown, Ph.D.
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer
- The Life Organizer: A Woman’s Guide to a Mindful Year by Jennifer Louden
- Change Your Brain, Change Your Life: The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Lack of Focus, Anger and Memory Problems by Daniel G. Amen, M.D.
- The Art of Extreme Self-Care: Transform Your Life One Month at a Time by Cheryl Richardson
- 1,000 Artist Journal Pages: Personal Pages and Inspirations (1000 Series) by Dawn DeVries Sokol
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- The Artist’s Way Workbook by Julia Cameron
- A Year of Daily Joy: A Guided Journal to Creating Happiness Every Day
by Jennifer Louden
- Flourish: A Visionary New Understanding of Happiness and Well-being
by Martin E. P. Seligman
- The Gifts of Imperfect Parenting: Raising Children with Courage, Compassion, and Connection by Brene Brown, Ph.D.
- Common Sense Parenting: Using Your Head as Well as Your Heart to Raise School-Aged Children by Ray Burke and Ron Herron
- Common Sense Parenting of Toddlers and Preschoolers by Bridget A. Barnes and Steven M. York, M.H.D.
- Common Sense Parenting Learn-at-Home Kit (Book and DVD) by Ray Burke and Ron Herron
- Common Sense Parenting: Building Relationships (Common Sense Parenting DVD)
- Common Sense Parenting: Teaching Children Self-control (Common Sense Parenting DVD) by BoysTown
Full Disclosure Statement: “Kim Kompel is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to kimkompel.com (amazon.com, amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com).”
Even though Kim Kompel is an Amazon Affiliate, she only recommends books and resources that she truly finds to be empowering for her clients! Enjoy!